Sodwana Bay National Park
Sodwana Bay National Park is situated within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. This wonderful resort set in the sheltered bay on the Maputaland coast attracts many visitors all year round to discover its many hidden treasures
- PLEASE NOTE: An entry fee for adults and for children under the age of 13 as well as a fee per vehicle and a community levy is payable at the entrance to the national park before entring. You can find the latest tarrifs on the iSimangaliso website at Park Entry Fees
- All overnight visitors must check in at Sodwana Bay reception office (035 571 0051) on arrival. Office hours are from 08:00 -16:30 (Monday - Thursday) and 07:00-16:30 Friday, Saturday and public holidays, and 07:00-15:00 on Sundays.
- No pets are allowed in the park.
- Please ensure that all possible precautions against theft are taken at all times.
- Firearms must be declared on arrival at the reception office.
- Safety deposit boxes are available for hire to safeguard firearms and valuables.
- No quad bikes or motorbikes are allowed in the park.
- Illegal power connections in the campsite will not be tolerated.
- Beach permits are required for 4x4 vehicle access to the beach near the resort.
- 200 permits are issued daily on a first come first served basis.
- Vehicles may only access the beach on Saturdays and Sundays, Public Holidays and peak school holidays.
- Air compressors may not be used in the campsites, a facility is available at the beach.
- Portable generators may not be used in the park.
- Fireworks are not permitted in the Park.
- Visitors are advised to take precautions against malaria before, during and after a visit to Sodwana Bay.
- Attendants are available to assist in the campsite and on the beach.
- Entrance gates are open 24 hours. Arrival after reception office hours will require a refundable deposit.
- Accommodation fees are payable in full in advance.
- Personal cheques will not be exchanged for cash.
- Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife’s tariffs are available on request, and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that physically disabled people have to apply to the Minister at Marine and Conservation Management for special permission to access the beach, the application has to be done in writing prior to visiting the area.
For any enquiries relating to the national park, you can contact www.kznwildlife.com